Do you try to eat local? Enjoy drinking local too! In the summer, I make homemade agua fresca, the “fresh water” beverage popular in Mexico. My version uses just watermelon, lime juice, and mint. This healthy alternative to sodas or powdered drink mixes also makes quick work of extra watermelon.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 4 cups watermelon chunks any dark seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice juice from 2 small limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves plus two sprigs for garnish
- Put all ingredients except garnish in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into glasses, using the back of a spoon to press the juice out of the fruit pulp. Add ice cubes and mint sprigs and serve cold.