Stuffing with gravy and a spoonful of cranberry sauce — that’s the foundation of my dream Thanksgiving dinner. But until now, I didn’t have a good recipe for a dairy-free, delectable stuffing to share. My new vegan Thanksgiving stuffing:
- Tastes buttery rich, with plenty of sage and thyme
- Uses a new trick to blend up your own broth for rich flavor and less packaging
- Has half the fat of the stuffing I grew up with
- Uses bread crusts to save time and avoid food waste
- Gets bonus nutrition from flaxseed and chickpeas
See notes below for a Nutritarian version with no added fat and plenty of make-ahead tips.
I use my Whisk-Style Bread-Machine Bread for this, but you could use Good Whisk Bread or any light dairy-free whole-wheat bread. Serve it with Vegan Mushroom Gravy. (Or supporters, hang on until tomorrow for the new fat-free, gluten-free gravy in the Supporters’ Recipe Library.)