Making Summer Rolls is part craft, part cooking, with minimal heat. Assemble colorful vegetables and bouncy rice noodles on a translucent spring roll wrapper, roll it up, and stir up a zesty sauce.
Once you get the hang of it, this recipe takes about 20 minutes more than making a salad. It will:
- Unleash your inner artist
- Occupy the kids, if you let them help, and inspire them to eat their veggies
- Give your menu a change of pace that’s chewy, fresh, and bright
- Disguise salad so that it’s welcome at cookouts: no forks required
- Save money by making food that costs much more in restaurants
Summer Rolls are gluten-free if you use gluten-free soy sauce. My version is also vegetarian and vegan, with no added oil or sugar.