In the competitive world of vegan dining, one dish stands out as the fiber champion: Pine Cones Alfredo. While amateur vegans merely trade fiber-free foods like meat and dairy for beans, artichokes, and kale, the pros rely on robust recipes like this to get their grams up.
My Uncle Eliot graciously allowed me to share his recipe. He saw it as essential to being named a Top Fiber Fellow for five years in a row. “It ain’t rabbit food,” he said between chews. “Nothing amps your microbiome like pine cones.”
Pine Cones Alfredo are:
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 8 medium pine cones free-range and organic
- 4 ounces vegan butter
- 1 cup full-fat oat milk
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- edible flowers for garnish, optional
- Lightly brush pine cones to remove dirt and insects. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat butter and milk. Stir in nutritional yeast and salt. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour half the sauce on a serving plate, top with pine cones, and pour remaining sauce over the cones. Optionally, dust with additional nooch. You can't get too much. Garnish with violets or other edible flowers.
- Serve hot. Compost any extra.