I created this creamy, fragrant salad dressing to bring the yum of Thai food to my winter salads. Turns out it’s marvelous as a sauce too, mixed with noodles and steamed veg. This healthy recipe will make you feel like a magician as you turn crunchy, lumpy cauliflower into a silken base for peanut and lime flavors. Just eight ingredients and ten minutes for a salad dressing and a sauce!
Creamy Thai Dressing has 2 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and only 28 calories for a two-tablespoon serving. Flavor without fat: that’s the whole foods plant based way!
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
servings (2 tablespoons each)
- 2 cups cauliflower (200 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger about 1 inch
- 1 clove garlic small
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 medium lime juice only, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle
- Cut cauliflower into pieces about two inches across. Use the core and peeled stem if available. Put in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and microwave on high for four minutes until you can easily slide a fork through the largest piece.
- While cauliflower cooks, slice ginger cross-ways to cut fibers. Put it with the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- When cauliflower is tender, add it to the blender. Process on high until smooth, about 1 minute for a high-speed blender and 2 minutes for a regular blender. Taste and adjust flavors. Add water to thin if desired.
- Serve Golden Thai Dressing at room temperature or chilled over salad. Call it Golden Thai Sauce and serve it warm tossed with hot noodles and steamed veggies. By any name, it keeps refrigerated for four days.
- I tried a version using a peeled lime for added fiber and nutrition. What a mistake! I threw that bitter mess away.
- I usually peel ginger with a spoon, but a quick Google tour today showed me that many people don't peel fresh ginger. I will now peel the easy sections and leave the nooks and crannies au naturel.
Nutritional Information for Golden Thai Dressing
Supporting members, please log in to see the nutritional information. (See How to Log In if needed.) If you aren't a supporter, learn how to join today!