Are you a Cook for Good supporter but having trouble logging in? Please make sure you are logged in and then try refreshing the browser page. For details, see below.
Here’s a video to help, with a written explanation below.
How to Log In, Refresh Your Browser, and See Exclusive Content
Please try these steps:
- If you haven’t signed in yet, do so the login page. Your username is probably your email address. If you don’t remember your password or haven’t ever set it, you can request it from the login page by clicking the “forgot password” link.
- Once you log in, you’ll see the Welcome page. It has a handy link to the Supporters’ Recipe Library right at the top.
- If you are still asked to log in, just refresh your browser page. For most browsers, that means clicking an icon that looks like a circle chasing its tail. Your browser thinks it is doing you a favor by showing you the page quickly, but you want it to get a version that knows you are logged in.
- Any time you are logged in, you can also find the exclusive supporters’ content by going to the Recipes menu at the top of any page and choose Supporters’ Recipe Library. Note that the free membership lets you comment but only supporters can enter the Supporters’ Recipe Library and see the nutritional information on many recipes.
- If you are still having trouble, please contact me. Include your email address, a link (URL) to the page you are trying to access, and a screenshot or description of the error message.
Browsers and internet servers capture versions of pages so that they load more quickly. After all, most pages don’t change frequently. When you log in, you change what those pages should look like to you, but the stored pages don’t update automatically.
When you log in, you can click the “remember me” box under your password to stay logged in until you reset your cookies, which is determined by your browser settings. Some people use password managers to streamline and secure their login process across the web.