Make your Thanksgiving meal extra healthy and welcoming by including these dairy-free, egg-free options. Your vegan and vegetarian guests will thank you, as will the uncle who is watching his cholesterol. Everyone will enjoy the bright flavors. [Updated November 2019.]
Thanksgiving Main Dish
One of these showstoppers is probably plenty, but go wild if you want to!
- Stuffed Kabocha Squash with Pecans, Tomatoes, Raisins, and Rice
- Greek Collard Roll
- Smokey Vegan Sausage, Chard, and Apples on Sweet Potatoes
Add a salad and roasted Brussels sprouts, green beans, or broccoli for a complete feast.
- Apple Walnut Crumble (easy)
- Kabocha Spice Cake (easy and feeds a crowd)
- Pumpkin Pie with Gluten-Free Crust
- Apple Pie
- Queenie’s Apple Strudel (a visual wow that will thrill fans of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts)
For tips on how to get along, see my 7 steps for a welcoming holiday meal. Happy Thanksgiving! I’m so grateful that you are making a difference.
Recipes and food news
Subscribe for recipes, tips, and news.