Are you worried about what to buy for weeks or months of isolation? Concerned that all that take-out will shrink your savings or swell your waistline? Check out my menus and recipes, which have been delighting families for over twelve years, plus new guides on the coronavirus pandemic.
Coronavirus and Prepping Guides
- Prepping for Coronavirus (how to stock up, preparing in case the main cook can’t cook, and more)
- Coronavirus: Separate AND Connect (why and how to stay socially isolated but still in touch with those you care about)
- How to Get Ready for a Power Outage and Winter Storm (food safety tips and stocking up beyond the fridge)
- Healthy Hurricane Menu (a week of healthy, shelf-stable food)
- Four Whole-Day Menus Under $7 (good examples of how to put all the food together)
- Cut Food Waste (make what you have last!)
- If you do nothing else, start a Stoup container (truly like a free lunch!)
If you want to get updates and new recipes as the pandemic progresses, subscribe to my newsletter. If you want to dig deeper, check out my books, described below.
Wildly Affordable Organic
This book shows the core Cook for Good concepts, from cooking dried beans to using every scrap of food that you can. (Hints: zest that lemon before squeezing and don’t throw those kale stems away!). Reader Carol N. wrote:
I can’t thank you enough! Last night I got up and was worried about how to grocery shop for this Covid19 virus crisis. My husband and I are seniors in California and are under voluntary social distancing…ie we need to stay home for 2 or more weeks. A light bulb moment came, your book Wildly Affordable Organic. I got out my grocery list with your book and I confidently went into my local grocery store and purchased a month or more from your spring plan grocery list. I can’t tell you the feeling of relief I feel today knowing we will be eating healthy organic food that fits our budget. We can do this! And Linda my appreciative and grateful heart thanks you for showing us how….
Fifty Weeks of Green
Recipes and food news
Subscribe for recipes, tips, and news.