Please put Cook for Good on your email's whitelist
Please tell your anti-spam watchdogs to welcome the newsletters you've asked for. It takes less time than it takes to sort a pound of beans! Just add Cook for Good to your "safe" or welcomed email list.
How do you do that? Usually, just add the newsletter email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your whitelist, safelist, or permitted sender list. If you want to also allow email directly from Linda Watson, add her email address as well (email@example.com). Some programs let you list a domain name (cookforgood.com).
If you don't want to get the newsletters at any time, consider switching to the monthly highlights list or just unsubscribe. Please don't mark the newsletter as spam. That may trigger a general block, meaning that people who do want to get the newsletter will find their copies unexpectedly blocked.
Here's how to add Cook for Good to the whitelists for some common email programs:
Please add our From address firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Gmail Contacts List:
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click Add Contact.
- Copy and paste our From address, email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click Save.
How to check if our email is in the "spam" folder:
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Check mark the box next to our email.
- Click Not Spam button along the top.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders list:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- In the Add address, put email@example.com
- Click OK.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
- Paste email@example.com into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.
If our email is in your AOL Spam Folder, please open it and then click the "This Is Not Spam" button. Next, add firstname.lastname@example.org into your Address Book as described above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our email into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters (bottom left corner).
- Click the Add link on the Filters page.
- Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and email@example.com. (This tells Yahoo to identify our email based on its From address.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
- Pick the Add Filter button.
If our email is getting stuck in your Yahoo Bulk Folder, please open the issue and click the "Not Spam" button. Next, check to see if the emailr's email address is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see firstname.lastname@example.org on this list, select it and click the "Remove Block" button. Lastly, please set up a filter as outlined above.
You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Hotmail Safe List:
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link (top of page).
- Select the “Safe List” link (2nd from bottom).
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
If our email is in your Junk E-Mail Folder, open it and click the "Not Junk" button. Next, check to see if our email address is in your Blocked Senders list. If you see email@example.com on this list, select it and click the Remove button. Finally, if you have not done so, add firstname.lastname@example.org into your Safe List as outlined above.
You will need to add our From address, email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.
- Click the Address Book button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
- Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our “From” address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
- Click OK.
White list your Personal Address Book:
- From the main drop down menu, select "Tools -< Junk Mail Controls..."
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
- Click OK.
Please check your Junk folder to see if our emails have been mistakenly placed there. To prevent this from happening in the future, you need to mark the email as not junk. Do this by right-clicking on the email and choose "Mark -< As Not Junk".