For a few years in the 1990s, Kraft made a delicious bacon-and-tomato salad dressing. It was not as sweet as French dressing, with a smoky, salty tang. When they quit making it, I started making my own vinaigrettes. Last week, I had some extra crushed tomatoes and thought, why not use tahini to make an updated version of my old favorite? Oh, baby! This healthy, cholesterol-free dressing is rich and drizzle-icious! It holds its own with the robust salad greens of fall and is equally good on cooked greens, baked potatoes, and even spread on toast!
Active time: 5 minutes. Total time: 5 minutes 1 cup. Oil free, gluten free, vegan.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Muir Glen fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle
- Set up your food processor with the stainless steel blade. Peel garlic, turn food processor on high, and drop garlic into food processor, letting the machine run until the garlic stops bouncing around.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve within four hours or refrigerate for up to four days. Do not keep longer to avoid risk of botulism.