No-Fuss Pizza Sauce makes organic pizza sauce easy and affordable. Mix it right in the can: no dishes or cooking needed. Use local garlic and oregano if you can. As with all scratch-made recipes, go as organic and local as you like, ingredient by ingredient.
Use this sauce on pizza, pizza toast (see notes), or as a sauce on Curried Chickpeas with Sweet Potatoes (recipe coming next week).
Active time: 3 minutes. Total time: 3 minutes. Makes enough for 3 large pizzas.
one 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chipotle
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 garlic clove
- Open can. Mince garlic very finely or put through a garlic press right into the can. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Use immediately or refrigerate within four hours.
Recipe Tips and Notes:
- Make pizza toast by spreading a layer of pizza sauce on bread and topping with a sprinkling of melting cheese such as mozzarella, Parmesan, or Cheddar. Toast in a toaster oven until cheese melts and bread is lightly browned on the bottom. Pizza toast is faster, healthier, and a lot less expensive than delivery pizza, especially if you use good bread.
- Get instant variety with no more work by using fire-roasted crushed tomatoes or crushed tomatoes with basil.
- If you have time, give minced garlic up to 15 minutes of contact with air to unleash garlic's cancer-fighting enzymes. Just stir in other ingredients first, rest mince garlic on top of sauce, and give a final stir before using.