Here's a quick and suprisingly tasty combination for a quick lunch or weeknight meal. Top half a sweet potato with tomato sauce and hummus. Serve with a green salad or bell pepper sticks.
Active time: 3 minutes. Total time: 7 minutes. Serves 2. Easy to divide or double.
1 sweet potato
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce with Chard and Onions (use Swiss chard instead of collards in this recipe)
1 cup Hummus
- Microwave sweet potato until fork tender, about 5 minutes on high. Turn sweet potato over after about three minutes to promote even cooking.
- Microwave tomato sauce until hot, about 1 minute on high. Split sweet potato in half lenghtwise and loosen flesh with fork so sauce can get some traction.
- Top sweet potato with tomato sauce and then with hummus. Serve immediately.
Tips and Notes
- Save energy by tucking a few sweet potatoes in the oven when you are baking something else. Use at once or microwave for about three minutes to reheat later.
- Add a tablespoon or two of raisins to the tomato sauce for a slightly sweeter and more complex taste.