Happy Humflower Sauce is part hummus, part cauliflower, and wildly rich despite the lack of fat and cholesterol. Have spectacular Whole Roasted Cauliflower on Saturday night, then make a comforting weeknight dinner by tossing this sauce with noodles. This is the plant-based recipe that finally satisfies my mac-and-cheese craving. Add a little less broth if you'd rather have a sandwich spread or dip.
Happy Humflower Pasta Sauce
Active time: 10 minutes. Total time: 10 minutes. Yield: 4 cups or 8 servings.
- 2 cups Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 2 cups chickpeas
- vegetables from broth for Whole Roasted Cauliflower (carrots, onion, celery, and garlic)
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth from Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (also called nooch)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- salt, to taste
- bite-sized pieces of roasted vegetables for garnish, if desired
- Put all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the stainless steel blade. Process until as smooth as you like, about 2 minutes.
- Toss with hot pasta and serve hot while humming a happy tune. Top with bite-sized pieces of roasted cauliflower and beets if desired. Any extra sauce keeps refrigerated for 5 days or frozen for up to a year.