Make carrots even more healthy and delicious with turmeric, a spice known for its anti-inflammatory properties and exotic flavor.
Active time: 3 minutes. Total time: 7 minutes. Serves 2. Doubles well. Vegan and gluten-free.
3 medium carrots
1 teaspoon olive oil or canola oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub carrots but only peel if scrubbing doesn't leave them looking tasty. Cut carrots in half lengthwise and then cut into half moons about 1/4-inch wide. Put carrots into a microwave-safe dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to carrots and toss so carrots are well coated. Cover dish and microwave on high for three minutes. Stir, then cover again and microwave until tender, about one minute.
- Serve Golden Indian Carrots hot or at room temperature. They keep well refrigerated for up to five days. You could freeze them, but it's faster to make a fresh recipe than to thaw and reheat.
- If you don't want to use a microwave, cook carrots in a skillet or roast them with a little olive oil, then toss with turmeric while still hot.
- Many scientific studies have found turmeric to be a safe, effective anti-inflammatory useful for reducing the risk of cancer and relieving the suffering of people with arthritis, cystic fibrosis, and much more.