Organic, Sustainable, and Local Cooking for any Budget
We can become happier, healthier, and more secure by cooking and eating real food again. Join the movement to make delicious, seasonal meals from scratch. You'll reduce your grocery bills and probably your medical bills. You'll have the joy of vibrant health and the relief of being able to eat well on even a small budget. You'll make a positive difference for yourself, your family, and for your community and planet.
Celebrate spring's fresh flavors
The delicate, fresh flavors of spring are finally here!
Best Seasonal Recipes:
- Strawberry Vinaigrette - a vitamin-packed salad dressing
- Spring Suprise Stir-Fry
- Craveable Lemon-Spinach Pesto
- Strawberry Shortcake
Year-Round Organic, Real-Food Recipes:
- Cuban Black Beans
- Dairy-Free Pizza with Hummus (match your toppings with the season)
- Lentilicious Sunshine Spread
- Steamed Collards or Kale with Peanut-Lime Sauce
- Power Jars for Grab-and-Go Lunches
- Hot Italian Cocoa Cookies
Why cook the Wildly Affordable Organic way?
Go green for $5 a day or less with mostly organic or sustainably raised ingredients. Or focus on cost to save even more! Either way, you'll probably be spending less than the food-stamp allowance for someone with no other means. We can afford to eat wonderful food that is good for our bodies and for our planet. Vote with your fork for a better world. (Don't forget to vote with your vote, too!)
- From bags of bulk spices to a super-organized spice shelf
- Kids won't eat their greens? Try raw collard stems. Really!
- Using a kitchen scale (with video)
- How to cook dried beans (with video)