Wildly Good Spring Challenge - April 16 through May 11 2015
Celebrate spring and enjoy the fun of cooking fabulous food. By Mothers' Day, you'll be racking up the savings! Become an even better cook with fun new skills that help you make amazing food, get healthier, and be safer and more secure. We'll even have a session on feeding your freezer so you can be prepared to chill through August and enjoy local, organic strawberries next February.
Registration closed! Please subscribe to the newsletter to learn about the next challenge or classes and to get free recipes.
Share your experiences and help others learn in our private Facebook group. Make the Challenge even more fun by taking it with a group of friends or a community group. Take it with three friends and save 25%. Share the savings or let the organizer take it for free.
(Looking for the #SNAPcut Challenge or other previous Challenges? Click here.)
The 2015 Spring Challenge
Weekly class menu
Each week follows the time-tested structure of a great Italian meal.
- Antipasto (before the meal): Each Thursday, you'll get an email that will whet your appetite for the week's projects. What will we be doing? What should you have on hand? What should you hope to get out of it?
- Primo (first course): On Fridays, watch a Wildly Good Cook video and review the related chapters of Wildly Affordable Organic and the Wildly Good Cook handbook.
- Secundo (second course): On Saturdays, do a project from the Wildly Good Cook handbook, such as visiting your farmers' market, refreshing your spice collection, or making a recipe with a new ingredient. Use the handbook and your online discussions to fit what you've learned into your own cooking style.
- Contorno (the "contour" which helps shape the meal): On Sunday, watch a streaming cooking demonstration recorded in the Cook for Good kitchen. If you'd like, make the dish yourself in with your own ingredients if you like so you can enjoy the full sensory experience. Take part in a virtual potluck in our Facebook private group. You can ask questions, post pictures, share your variations, and offer your own tips. Linda will be online from 4 to 5 PM EST on Sundays and often through the month to answer questions and cheer you on.
- Dolce (dessert): Each Monday, you'll get an email that serves as a sweet reminder of what we've learned. You'll also get a chance to take another nibble of anything that seemed especially delicious or that you want to try again. Take a fun quiz to show off your wildly good new skills.
- Share the love on social media using the hashtag #WildlyGood. I'll be there with you, liking, retweeting, and repinning.
- Finish all four classes, pass the quizzes, and become a certified Wildly Good Cook! You'll get a certificate suitable for printing that just cries out to be framed and displayed in your kitchen or office.
- If you are thinking about becoming a Wildly Good Cook coach and teaching cooking classes yourself, this is the way to get started.
- A signed copy of the Wildly Affordable Organic paperback.
- All four Wildly Good Cook DVDs, each with an full hour of cooking demonstrations and organizing tips, shot before a live class at Meredith College.
- All four Wildly Good Cook Challenge streaming online cooking demonstrations, each from 20 to 40 minutes long: over 100 minutes of cooking from Linda's home kitchen.
- A handout with new recipes.
- 20 emails month with inspiration, recipes, ideas for projects, and practical tips.
- Access to the private WGC Facebook group.
- Four funny quizzes that also test your knowledge.
- If you pass all four quizzes, you'll get a certificate suitable for printing showing you are a certified Wildly Good Cook.