Wildly Good Harvest Challenge 2014 - October 2 through 27
Revel in fall's amazing bounty and enjoy the fun of cooking fabulous food. By Halloween, you'll gain fun new skills that help you save money, get healthier, and become safer and more secure. We'll even have a session on feeding your freezer that will help you sail through the holidays.
Share your experiences and help others learn in our online community. Make the Challenge even more fun by taking it with a group of friends or a community group (think health club, CSA, co-op, church, PTA, more).
(Looking for the #SNAPcut Challenge or other previous Challenges? Click here.)
Sign up for the 2014 Harvest Challenge today!
You'll get about 20 emails this month with inspiration, recipes, ideas for projects, and practical tips. Watch live, online cooking demonstrations every Sunday from 4 to 5 EST. (We will do our best to record these so that you can watch them later if you can't be part of the live sessions.) Try out key ideas of Wildly Affordable Organic and get new updates and techniques. Share your experiences in our private WGC online community.
|Only $39.95 for four weeks of classes, emails, inspiration, and community. Includes four live online cooking classes, handouts, and a members-only discussion area. Pass the quizzes and get a certificate suitable for printing showing you are a certified Wildly Good Cook. Uses the Wildly Good Cook videos (sold separately) for another four hours of cooking classes. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Get a full refund on the course anytime this year if it doesn't help you save money, eat well, and make a difference. Class handouts and discussion area will be available online through at least November 15.|
Warning: the experience may feel a little hand-crafted.
We're pushing the boundaries with the Cook for Good Harvest Challenge. Things may go wrong. I'll be asking for your feedback and advice to shape this course as we go and to make it better for future sessions.
It's the first time we've:
- Hosted live online cooking demonstrations and Q&A sessions
- Used the Wildly Good Cook videos as part of a Challenge for an extra 4 hours of intensive, professionally-edited cooking classes
- Tried the five-course structure, from the antipasto email to whet your appetite to the final sweet dolce to refresh and reinforce (see below for details)
- Offered quizzes for online participants
- Will send certificates suitable for printing to those who successfully complete the course
Update, Monday October 6th. The live online cooking demonstration and discussion worked -- whoo-hoo! Participants could see the live video feed and ask questions using microphones and text chat. I wasn't able to record it, though, so we will do a bonus session at a date convenient to the most people who want to participate. You can still join the challenge and take part in four live cooking demonstrations and discussions.
The smoother version coming January 2014 will cost more.
How much more? I don't know yet. But you'll save about $50 in tuition if you take the class now and help shape this challenge and the larger 2015 versions.
Why wait to gain the benefits of being a Wildly Good Cook? Sign up today to hone skills that will help you save money, eat fabulous food, and make a difference!
|Only $39.95 for four weeks of classes, emails, inspiration, and community. Includes four live online cooking classes, handouts, and a members-only discussion area. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.|
Weekly class menu
Our four classes will follow the time-tested structure of great Italian meals.
- Antipasto (before the meal): Each Thursday, you'll get an email that will whet your appetite for the week's projects. What will we be doing? What should you have on hand? What should you hope to get out of it? Check out the first antipasto on my blog; the rest will be emailed to participants.
- Primo (first course): On Fridays, watch a Wildly Good Cook video and review the related chapters of Wildly Affordable Organic and the Wildly Good Cook handbook.
- Secundo (second course): On Saturdays, do a project from the Wildly Good Cook handbook, such as visiting your farmers' market, refreshing your spice collection, or making a recipe with a new ingredient. Use the handbook and your online discussions to fit what you've learned into your own cooking style.
- Contorno (the "contour" which helps shape the meal): On Sundays from 4 to 5pm EST, watch a live, online cooking demonstration and join in a live Q&A. If you'd like, make the dish yourself in with your own ingredients if you like so you can enjoy the full sensory experience.
- Dolce (dessert): Each Monday, you'll get an email that serves as a sweet reminder of what we've learned. You'll also get a chance to take another nibble of anything that seemed especially delicious or that you want to try again. Take a fun quiz to show off your wildly good new skills.
- Connect with other Wildly Good Cook participants in our private online community.
- Share the love on social media using the hashtag #WildlyGood. I'll be there with you, liking, retweeting, and repinning.
- Finish all four classes, pass the quizzes, and become a certified Wildly Good Cook! You'll get a certificate suitable for printing that just cries out to be framed and displayed in your kitchen or office.
- If you are thinking about becoming a Wildly Good Cook coach and teaching cooking classes yourself, this is the way to get started.
Harvest Challenge FAQ
- What if my schedule doesn't match your schedule? No worries! Cook along at your own pace. Read the book and emails and do the projects whenever you want. If you can, watch the video for each week before the live cooking demonstration on Sunday. We'll try to record the Sunday cooking sessions too, so you can watch them later. The course material will be available online through November 15th, 2014.
- Can I sign up after the Challenge has started? Yes! You'll get access to the emails already sent. Start particpating right away in the discussions and projects. Catch up with the earlier sessions as you can through November 15th, 2014. Update: we will be doing a encore session of the first live online cooking demonstration now that we understand the technology more. We'll choose a date in October that works for the most people. Sign up today to be part of four live sessions (or at least by by 5pm on October 11th).
- Where can I get Wildly Affordable Organic? At your local bookstore, online, and at many libraries. It's available as an ebook for instant gratification. For signed books, call or visit Quail Ridge Books & Music. Quail Ridge also carries the Wildly Good Cook videos.
- What if I don't have the Wildly Good Cook videos yet? Just read the suggested sections of Wildly Affordable Organic, then watch the videos when they arrive.
|Only $39.95 for four weeks of classes, emails, inspiration, and community. Become a certified Wildly Good Cook if you pass the quizzes.|