On day 2 of the Fresh-Start Challenge, you are already ahead, with Vinaigrette and Sweet Sixteen bars arleady made . Cook two meal's worth of pasta, tomato sauce, and green beans and soak beans to cook tomorrow. Also start a broth jar, which will become your go-to source for free vegetable broth.
This week, you'll be cooking part of your meals from scratch in just 20 minutes a day. Add other food: I'm not recommending having only dessert for dinner! Next week, you'll use those skills and more to cook all of your food from scratch.
Here's what to do:
- Make Tomato Sauce with Robust Greens and Onions to serve on organic whole-grain rotini or fusilli. Add two tablespoons of nooch (nutritional yeast) to the sauce or save the nooch to serve on top. I think it tastes a lot like Parmesan but my Taster prefers it stirred in.
- When the pasta, sauce, and green beans are all cooking, sort two pounds of black beans and soak them overnight in a slow cooker or pot. Check out my video if you've never cooked dried beans before.
- Swish the water you used to boil the pasta and green beans around in the pans and tomato can and then save that broth in a jar to make rice tomorrow. You've just made free vegetable broth. See how clean the pots get too!
- Dress the cooked green beans with Vinaigrette. Eat some green beans tonight.
- Have Sweet-Sixteen Oatmeal Raisin Bars you made yesterday.
- Refrigerate the remaining food and the broth jar after dinner. Pat yourself on the back! You've already made dinner for day 4: pasta and sauce with chilled marinated green beans.