Organic, Sustainable, and Local Cooking for any Budget
We can become happier, healthier, and more secure by cooking and eating real food again. Join the movement to make delicious, seasonal meals from scratch. You'll reduce your grocery bills and probably your medical bills. You'll have the joy of vibrant health and the relief of being able to eat well on even a small budget. You'll make a positive difference for yourself, your family, and for your community and planet.
Enjoy winter's wonderful vegetables and citrus fruit
I love all the full-flavored, super healthy and affordable fresh greens available during the cold months. Get natural variety by cooking with the seasons. Here's how to get started.
- How to buy, store, and cook winter greens
- What to do with the veggies from your winter CSA box (video)
- Cooking dried beans (video)
- Cooking beans, greens, and potatoes all in one pot
Organic, Real-Food Recipes:
- Cuban Black Beans
- Kale with Southern Sweet-Potato Coconut Sauce
- Savory and Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Dairy-Free Pizza with Hummus and Roasted Butternut Squash
- Lentilicious Sunshine Spread
- Orange Sweet-Potato Muffins
- Hot Italian Cocoa Cookies
Why cook the Wildly Affordable Organic way?
Go green for $5 a day or less with mostly organic or sustainably raised ingredients. Or focus on cost to save even more! Either way, you'll probably be spending less than the food-stamp allowance for someone with no other means. We can afford to eat wonderful food that is good for our bodies and for our planet. Vote with your fork for a better world. (Don't forget to vote with your vote, too!)